Neutrophils are a type of white blood cell that provides strength to the body to fight infection. Neutrophil levels are usually affected by infection, but other problems and certain medications can also cause it.
The doctor says that sometimes the level of neutrophils can increase due to physical and mental stress or the consumption of drugs. Neutrophils are actually a type of white blood cells that protect us from diseases occurring in our bodies.
How many neutrophils should be in the body?
According to the doctor, the number of neutrophils in our body should be between 40-70 percent. Having this amount of neutrophils in the body can save us from getting sick. Many types of problems can arise when the amount of neutrophils in the body is less than 40% or more than 70%.
Causes of High Neutrophils
When the amount of neutrophils in the body is more than 70%, it is called neutrophilia in medical language. Neutrophils can increase in the body due to the following reasons:-
- pregnant women have more neutrophils
- There is a risk of increased neutrophils after any type of surgery.
- Neutrophils may increase after a heart attack or heart attack
- Neutrophil levels can increase when you are suffering from excessive cigarette consumption or stress, or depression.
- There is a risk of increasing the number of neutrophils in the body if you exercise more than regularly on any day.
- When a person has a bacterial infection, neutrophils fight the bacteria, during which the number of neutrophils in the body increases.
- Apart from all these, there are many other conditions and problems due to which the level of neutrophils in the body can increase.
Why neutrophils decrease
When the amount of neutrophils in the body is less than 30%, then this condition is called neutropenia in medical language. There are many reasons for low neutrophils, which can mainly include the following: –
- Bone marrow is produced in the blood, so if the bone marrow does not work properly, the risk of neutrophil reduction can increase.
Neutrophil counts may be low in patients with aplastic anemia.
- If a person is undergoing chemotherapy treatment, the number of neutrophils in the body can decrease due to the injections given during the treatment.
- Apart from these, there are many other medical conditions that can cause a low neutrophil count. These include hepatitis A, B, and C, HIV, sepsis, leukemia, etc.
What is a neutrophil test?
If a question arises in your mind that how to get neutrophils tested, then let us tell you that doctors suggest blood tests to confirm the level of neutrophils.
However, if the doctor has any doubts, he may suggest other tests. With the help of these tests, the doctor finds out the type of infection and chooses the means of treatment. After that, the curing process begins.
How to Decrease Neutrophils
Higher than normal levels of neutrophils can increase the risk of many problems that can trouble you in the future. When the amount of neutrophils in the body is more than 70%, it is called neutropenia in medical language.
When the amount of neutrophils increases, instead of relying on home remedies, you should immediately consult a doctor about it. Doctors investigate and find out the exact cause of the neutrophil increase, then choose the means of treatment based on that.
How to Increase Neutrophils
If the level of neutrophils in your body has decreased, then after consulting a doctor, you can increase its level by following the following points: –
- Wash hands regularly with lukewarm water or antibacterial soap
- wear a face mask to avoid germs and bacteria
- stay away from folks that have a chilly or respiratory disorder
- Take special care of your oral health to avoid infection
- Use nutritional supplements after consulting a doctor
- Eat fruits and vegetables wealthy in antioxidants
- Include foods rich in Vitamin E and Zinc in your diet
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Foods rich in vitamin B-12 are beneficial in neutropenia
- Avoid consumption of raw meat, fish and eggs, etc.
- Eat all food items only after washing them thoroughly.
- In severe cases, the doctor may suggest a bone marrow transplant.
- Have a doctor confirm what other conditions are affecting your neutrophil levels.
Blood cells are affected when the level of neutrophils in the body is low, which can increase your body’s risk of infection. Due to not having enough neutrophils in the body, the body is unable to fight infection. In such a situation, the risk of many problems increases.
Just as the risk of many types of problems increases when the amount of neutrophils in the body is low, in the same way, many problems can also occur when its quantity is high. To keep the number of neutrophils balanced, you need to pay special attention to your lifestyle and diet.